Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bangkok Trip!

Hey y'all, I'm finally back from Bangkok!!
Had so much fun shopping!!!!!
For me to say that I had fun shopping is really rare cuz I hate to shop.
All the clothes here are overpriced but the clothes there are frikkin' cheap!
Yea so. I'm gonna blog about the trip!!!!
And for the first time ever, I'm posting pictures!!!
So get ready.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS GONNA BE A SUPER LONG POST!!!!!!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Day 1

Our flight that day wuz at 10.40am.
All of us had to wake up at 5.30am since it takes an hour or more to reach LCCT and we had to check in two hours before.
How dreadful.

But ever since my holidays started, my sleeping time wuz turned upside down.
So, I didn't have problems waking up.
Why? Because I didn't sleep! Haha!

When we arrived LCCT, I suddenly realised that it has really been awhile since I left Malaysia.
I can't even remember when wuz the last time I did.
I think it wuz 2-3 years ago?
I wuz kinda excited and scare at the same time cuz it just feels so weird leaving the country after such a long time.

After we checked in, we went looking around at the duty free products.
The vodkas that they are selling there are so cheap!
Supermarkets here are selling around RM80-90 but they are only selling RM50 there!
So frikkin' cheap!
Yes I know everyone knows that, I'm a noob okay!

When we are about the reach Bangkok, my sis took a few shots from the skies of Bangkok.


Bangkok from the sky



When we arrived at Bangkok airport, we head straight to where we are suppose to collect our luggage.
I totally forgot to take a shot of the airport and also these cool little computers that they have there where you can use it to go online and call.
But my sis did manage to take a shot of the place where we are suppose to collect our luggage.


We took a cab to the place that we are staying because the hotel didn't send a transport for us.
And gosh do those cab look classy.
Their cab drivers are all driving high class cars like Altis, Toyota and even some are Honda!
So comfy and colourful too!
What really attracted my attention is THIS



A pink cab! How cool is that!!
You can never see THAT in Malaysia. Haha!

We arrived at our hotel 40minutes after that cuz the traffic wuz really bad.
Oh ya, for the first time in my life, I saw people fighting in the middle of the road.
I've never seen anyone punch each other faces out before.
It wuz so exciting looking at it!!! Haha!!

Yea so anyway, we stayed in Baiyoke Sky Hotel.
It suppose to be a five star hotel and is also known as tallest tower in Thailand


Baiyoke Sky Hotel


Lobby

Just so you know, I didn't take those pictures.
I got it from the internet. Totally forgotten to take a picture of it too.
Sorry la, I don't hold the camera all the time!

After checking in and stuff, went down for lunch at their Coffee Shop.
The price are actually quite reasonable considering that it is a five-star hotel.
So after filling up tummy, is time to SHOP baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We started with the market near our hotel which is called the Pratunam Market.


Pratunam Market

Another picture not taken by me.
I wuz too busy shopping, couldn't care less about the camera. Haha!
By the way, those green curtains thingy are now all blue in colour.

While we were shopping, my sis had to do all the negotiating cuz I'm such a bad negotiator and I'm kinda shy too.
You guys must be thinking "Jac?Shy?Please!!!!!"
But I am!!! Cuz I've never really negotiate before, I normally juz accept the price people offer me.
I'm stupid I know. Hehe.

After walking the whole long stretch, me and sis decided to go back to the hotel and rest.
And again for the first time in my life, I had leg cramps.
You guys must be thinking again that "Everyone had leg cramps".
I play sports all the time and I never had leg cramps.
And now I'm having one just because I went shopping for one day!!!!!!
How ridiculous is that!

After experiencing it for the first time, I've learned two valuable lesson.
No 1: Remember to stretch before shopping
No 2: Never go to my sis for medical aid because SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I'm really serious about lesson no.2, she really doesn't what to do!
I almost thought that I wuz gonna lose my leg!!!!
I know I sound like I'm exaggerating but is true!
I wuz so scare that I wuz gonna lose my leg.

Anyway after that, we went for a swim and dinner at the Sky Buffet on the 77th floor.




Night view of Bangkok from the 77th floor

As you can see the pictures that we took are not very clear.
Thats because my sister wuz really smart.
She forgot to take the key for the luggage where the camera is locked in it.
It wuz really troublesome having to go up and get the key and go down again, so I juz asked her to use her phone to take it.
Pictures taken by Motorola V3i is not that good after all!

Day 2

We had breakfast at the Sky Buffet again today.
But this time, is on the 76th floor


Morning view of Bangkok on the 76th floor

And they have such cute toilet signs!


Boys


Girls

After breakfast, we went to Chatuchak market.
Spent quite a long time there.
About four hours?
Yea, we are crazy, I know!
After that, we had McDonald's for lunch :)


Medium size drink


Cute lil' tomato package


Old fashioned Chicken McNugget box

At night, we decided to go Suan Lum Night Market for dinner because it is famous for the food and of course shopping too!
We took a cab there and the cab driver brought us to this totally rip-off seafood restaurant because we told him that we wanted to go to a place and eat.
My mum said that normally if the cab driver bring us to places like this to eat, it means that they'll get commission if we do eat there!

We all wanted to leave once we saw the menu, but my dad's stupid ego kept us there.
Me, mum and sis didn't eat anything because is so not worth it.
And the bill came down to RM100+ and only two of them ate.
What the heck?!
Total rip-off!!!!!!


Totally rip-off place!!!!!

After dad and bro finished eating, we started shopping.
And this time, I wuz the one doing all the negotiating.
I'm so good at it now! Haha!

Day 3
We had breakfast at Sky Buffet again today.
But this time is on the 82nd floor.
We are going higher and higher!!!!


One, Two, Three


Four, Five, Six

After shopping for two consecutive days, we decided to go sight seeing today.
So we went to Central World.
The most famous shopping complex in Bangkok.


Central World on the outside






Outdoor shrine

Central is seriously huge! I wanted to snap a few shots of the mall but I couldn't cuz the security guard stopped me.
But I still managed two shots before I wuz ask not to take any. Hehe.
Oh by the way, they even have a Malaysian brand there.
Which is BATA. How cool is that!
I always thought Malaysian brand can never make it out of Malaysia.
Guess I wuz wrong. Haha!


Bata in Thailand!


Swensen's has the cutest chairs!

When I wuz snapping the Swensen's shot, my camera flash shocked the people that I wuz snapping.
I didn't know it wuz on so yea. Too bad for them I guess. Haha!
After that, we took a Tuk-Tuk back!
It wuz so cool!
My mum couldn't stop laughing throughout the whole journey.
I have no idea why.


Five of us in a Tuk-Tuk

At night, we went to Suan Lum for dinner again.
And this time, we are smarter.
We didn't tell the cab driver that we are going for dinner, we just said that we were going shopping.


It reads, Suan Lum Night







While we were about to go back, I saw this really cute display thingy and asked my sis to take a picture of it.
Then suddenly the sales lady came and asked me to buy.
But of course I didn't want to cuz I juz wanted to take a picture of it.

So I juz pretend that I wanted to buy by asking her how much wuz it.
Then she said 150 bath for the small one.
I didn't want to buy it, so I offer her a price that she I know would never say yes to which is 50 bath.
Of course she said no and offered me 80 bath instead.
Because I didn't want it at first so I juz walked off.
But in the end, I went back cuz I wanted to get it as a souvenir for my friend.
Really stupid! I know! Haha!




Cute lil' handmade cars

When we were back at the hotel, I managed to take a shot of the hotel.
Is not really that clear though.
Sorry.


Baiyoke Sky Night View

Day 4

Is our last day in Bangkok, so me and my sis decided to go for a massage.
And gosh wuz it comfortable.
After all the shopping, thats juz what I needed!!!!!
Although until now, my neck still sore alot.
Dunno why. Guess it just wasn't intense enough.
I must be crazy!

And after that, it wuz bye bye Bangkok and hello Malaysia!!!!
I wuz really bored when I wuz on the plane, so I took a few shots of the skies.
Looks kinda good though. Hehe.




We landed in LCCT at around 7.30pm.
Took a cab back and while we were on our way back.
We saw a rainbow!


Can you see it?


When we got home, my sis started unpacking and these are all the stuff we bought!


CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mum keep saying that we didn't buy alot but to me, I think we bought quite alot!

I really had fun this trip but at the same time, I can't stop missing the people that are here in Malaysia.
Although I've only been in Bangkok for four days but it feels like I've been there for a week.
I guess I just miss home alot!
Sigh. I can never leave this country.

Anyway thats the end of this super long post.
Thanz for reading till the end!
Toodles!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha~~
dis is probably the most interesting post i read b4!!
good job man~~
oni a few ppl can make me laugh until like dis~~keke...
especially those inline pic wif funny funny captions @.@
*pink toyota cab*~~wahahaha...
here if u can find 1 proton cab wif comfortable seat+cold-enuf air-con, den veli good edi...keke..
by d way, leg cramp wont make u lose ur leg d la~~huiyo...
u r so innocent sumtimes~~hahahaa..

6:44 PM  
Blogger jd said...

haha thanz!!!not innocent. I think the correct word is stupid!!!!haha!!!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home