Thursday, January 03, 2013

Fear

It's funny how much we change over time.
From who we were before, to who we are now.
Most of us, we don't remember what was like it before, before we became who we are today.
People don't spend a lot of time thinking about life, thinking about the past, the present and the future.
I, however, spend a lot of my time thinking about it, so much that I think I do it too much and it's eating me alive, inside that is.

A lot has been going on lately, mostly at work and it has been bothering me ever since.
Others see whatever that's bothering me as, unnecessary, the problem was self created, and it shouldn't exist.
I can't say that I disagree because it is in fact self created.

I often find myself conflicted, with what I want to do, wish to do and have accomplished so far.
I am a person who has the brains, the ideas and someone who is forward thinking.
More often than not, I find myself not accomplishing what is needed because of this fear I have in me.
The fear is often tied up with the concerns I created myself.

I believe each and everyone of us we have our fear, which is often tied up with concerns.
We evaluate them before making any sort of decision and it's not wrong to have them.
To have a level of concern before doing anything has brought me to where I am today, and frankly speaking, after today, I appreciate it.

Rarely am I being put in a difficult position where by I have to find ways to get out of it.
I think things through because I'm careful with the outcome. 
I prefer things to be in my control than out of my control. 
I can't live my life unexpectedly, that's just who I am. 

It's hard that it is being pointed out to me today and the word that was used to represent it was Fear. The word Fear has always been use to represent a negative element, and when it was pointed out to me, I saw this as a weakness which is why it sort out made me doubt myself for a minute there. 

I guess at the end of the day, what I'm trying to say is, it's ok to have our own level of concerns and fears.
Because having all these is what keep us grounded, having a sense of morality and humanity, instead of just flying all over the place. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home